Thursday, June 6, 2013

Discussions with an Apple Tree

One day I realised that the world was talking to me more than ever before and there was a strong need to replay. I was going through the forests and everything was suddenly breathing. It was not an abstract idea of nature that is growing, I felt it with my body, I felt it with all my senses.  I knew then that trees were alive not because they said so in my biology lessons, I just knew because I had seen trees breathing…

There is a great Swedish writer Stig Claesson who describes his discussions with a wise apple tree in a book called “You sleep I will do the dishes”. Sometimes I wished I had my own apple tree to talk to…

“Women without men” is a book written by a woman from Iran. She is writing about the voiceless women in this violent society, they try to find their way to became alive. In one episode she tells us about a woman who grows herself roots and after a while branches and then the leaves come. In that way she was able to realise herself, she became free, finally… she was able to give seeds and send them with the flow of the river to meet the world…

I have been a tree whole my life, my family name means oak in Estonian. When I was a little girl I was called acorn – an oak seed. Perhaps this is why I feel so close to those writers, why I feel so close to nature. I do not need to grow the roots or leaves, my roots are very deep in the soil as it is and my leaves touch the sky.

With my online writing I want to meet myself and the world around me. I have no idea where it will lead or who is coming to join me during this journey of life, the virtual life.  I will send out the first seeds.  I have grown and become a young oak tree by now…


You can find my discussions in the blog "Collected discussions with the AppleTree".

Comments with grammar corrections and philosophy discussions about life are welcome here and in the AppleTree blog!

This is my personal philosphy essay submitted to Composition 2 coursera.com course. 
Compose a 400-500 word personal philosophy essay in which you lead your audience to recognize and understand why a specific belief is important to you. Before you begin, review the modules and slides from week two. Imagine that you are writing to another person enrolled in this course, someone who doesn’t realize that you hold this particular belief or that you hold it so strongly.
This essay is not fiction; instead, it is a way to share your belief about one aspect of your life. For example, you might write about one of the roles you play in your life, an important value you hold, a significant relationship you’ve had, a position you take on an issue, a personal goal, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment